1 November 2011

Revoltech Danboard Review

As promised, the long-awaited review has arrived. Sorry I took such long time to accomplish such minute task. 
Anyway, it's here! 
Welcome Danboard!
First, let's start with the origin. This is made by "Kaiyodo Revoltech", a Japanese company that specializes in figure and model making. Yes, this is Made in Japan stuff. And that means it's not cheap at all for such small figure (13cm). Found this on a online shop and it is the second last box, the other being bundled with a weird figure for sale as a set. I don't want the other figure, so I took this. I was almost too late to place order, as there are several people who enquired about this just minutes after I had it booked. Phew. Price? Let's keep that a secret, shall we? But, I have to say that I bought it at the right time just before the price went boom, for this item is discontinued, and that means this is limited in number. And I live happily ever after... o.O
Cut the crap, let's go straight into the review.

Front view.
2 circles + 1 triangle = Innocent

 The back of the head, looks just like a box.

Detachable arms.

Legs.

 Body.

Gather all the parts and we are ready to roll!

Insert the legs into the 2 holes at the bottom.
I know, I know, I know I sounded pervert in this, but that's the fact. 囧

Ahhh it can stand!

Fit the arms nice and tight.

Side view.

And we're done! NOT!!!

The "real" finished product.

Front shot.

Side shot.
That little distraction you see there is a switch, I'll save that for later. Tsk.

Rear view, rather plain.

Posing! This is the most extreme pose that it will and can do...

Remember the switch back then? Danboard's darkest secret unveiled!!! Muahahahaha~

Okay it's for the LEDs in the eyes.
They're pre-built, so I can't show them unless I crack the head open, which I will never do. Never, you hear me? NEVER!!!

Coz this is Thriller! I mean Danboard.

Close up shot.

This is how it looks like in the dark.

Danboard tried imitating scene from "The Ring", climbing out from a TV/ Monitor.

Height comparison with a bottle of midget.

With a Pen. And the midget bottle.

Comparison with Bearguy.

Comparison with SD Zaku II.

RAWR~ Talk to the hand!

You, yes you! Give me a coin.

Well, that basically ends my review for this kit, it does come with a head sculpt of the girl Miura, but I don't really bother about it, because I won't swap the boxy head for the human head anyway. Ratings? I will give it 8/10, 2 missing marks for missing articulations, otherwise I am very satisfied with this figure. For all that bombshells, good night!


ryo signing off, Danboru Banzai!


No comments: