8 April 2011

A long absence session

Pasta time!!!
Long time no cook liao, so I decided to sharpen my rusted cooking skill that used to be stored in the millennium chamber inside my head. Can't recall when was my last "proper" cooking session, except instant noodles laa...hehe

Got some fresh beef cubes from the local stores, let the feast begins!

8 beef cubes, 8!!! ^^

Soaked them in pure lemon extract+water to tenderize the meat, wanted to use pineapple, but lazy to blend, so just make do with what's available...hohoho~
Try to get the meat in a single muscle if you don't want to have difficult-to-cut-through tendons.

Creative cooking!

Meat domino! OK time to get serious!

Sliced the meat and carrot, should've added more carrots...

Prepared ingredients: Slightly marinated beef, canned mushroom and carrot, mashed garlic soaked in extra virgin olive oil.

Butter and garlic, wooooo~

Even he's tempted!

Fresh from the meat, this thing tasted awesome.

Yup, i poured the beef extract in to cook the vegetable...Yum Yum~

Boiled in water.
Then stirred in a hot pan by adding lil-bit of olive oil to make it less dry.

End result, slight miscalculation on the proportion of the spaghetti, hoho, lesson learnt!

Added black pepper, job's done! ^^

As a result of miscalculation, I had to phone my friends to "gao dim" this together with me...=.='''
The spaghetti was successful, less so with the beef, perhaps it's the lemon juice, and I should put more carrot to add more sweetness to the beef. Overall, not too bad for a start. 6.5/10 if I were to rate myself. Hohoho~


ryo signing off, what's next?

No comments: