14 February 2012

V's Day Update

Alright, I know it's V's Day today, the whole world knows it. However, for me, it's just another Tuesday. I've never celebrated Valentine's before, and I don't feel the urge to celebrate it just yet (I know it sounded like an excuse, oh well it is anyway.) . I mean, it's the day where a man named Valentine died, and you couples are busy planning on what restaurants to book and what to buy for each other? C'mon you bunch of ignorant wimps. How could you people celebrate a man's death anniversary by having romantic candle light dinner and exchanging expensive gifts? This is not V's Day, it's more like a day where the business world welcomes huge flow of income from the sales of cotton-stuffed animals, poisoned roses, condoms and sex toys...

Since I don't celebrate V's Day, that means I have plenty of free time after work, so where have I been for quite a while? (Ahem, check the date for the last post.) Well, lately I've been indulging myself in Toy photography as the first step to really look into the true form of photography. I've always wanted a personal camera so that I can go anywhere and take pictures of what I want to take. Unfortunately, I haven't made up my mind on which camera to get, though I might in the very very near future following the release of the OM-D system from Olympus (A high tech retro looking camera, if you're interested to know.).

Guess I'll be doing photo shooting for my Gatack today, so hopefully I can finish it tonight (Xperia, it's all up to you now!).  The first proper shooting, and I mean PROPER with PROPER lighting set up, PROPER reflecting set up and PROPER no joke posing was done on my Kabuto, and it turned out to be quite well, even though it could be better. The only problem I have now is hardware limitation because I can only rely on my 8MP shooter and I am a total failure in using Photoshop. And the macro function on my phone-cam is not enough to satisfy my lust for super close up photography and BOKEH!. Guess I should stop buying toys for now and start saving to invest on PROPER camera system..

And YES!!! Top Gear is out with the third episode and Invincible Youth is getting interesting. Well, at least more interesting that thinking of what to buy for V's Day. Problem?


ryo signing off, I'm a troll and I know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, You have done a great job. I'll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they'll be
benefited from this site.

my homepage nursery decorations winnie the pooh

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

Check out my weblog bed frame sale melbourne